FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Are you insured? Yes; and we are fully ensured and recognized by BWC as a Certified Drug and Alcohol Workplace.
- How do we compare to other cleaning and interior demolition companies? Our pricing is competitive with other cleaning companies across the United States. What makes us unique is our vision of leveraging our business as a means of providing supportive employment for professional men and women who are shattering the myth that a person past dictates their future. Beyond pricing, the value is in the lives you impact and participation with us in shattering that myth! We value strong, open and authentic relationships.
- What happened to CleanTurn Enterprises, CT Demo, PPP, and SHAN Cleaning? The main purpose in merging our brands is to maximize our impact as a “fair chance” employer here in Columbus and beyond. Our team members have a strong desire to be recognized first for their professional services and secondarily for their respective stories of triumph and progress. Collectively, our goal is to create as many opportunities for individuals who have had multiple barriers to employment as we can. Your interest in partnering with us is a key factor in making this vision a reality.
- What type of cleaning supplies do we use? We offer green, nontoxic, eco-friendly, biodegradable cleaning products available for glass, floor, window, and toilet cleaning solutions. Some of the products we use include: Envirox, Vinegar and Dawn Dish Soap.
- How do I schedule a cleaning? Complete the online commercial/ construction form. Once you submit your request you will receive confirmation and/or a Cleaning Representative will follow-up with you to finalize details.
- Am I locked into a cleaning schedule? We work with the customer to decide the best schedule to fit their needs, including the frequency, preferred days and times (including either during business hours, after hours, or weekends). If something changes in your scheduling needs, we will do our best to accommodate!
- How does pricing work? Pricing is based on the size of your space, the tasks, scope of work and amount of time required to complete the work with satisfaction! You can tell us more about your needs when you request our services.
- How am in invoiced for commercial cleaning? Invoices are emailed to the billing contact you provide, within 2 weeks of the end of the month on a net-30 schedule. You may pay by check or Electronic Funds Transfer. Credit Cards may be put on file to be charged automatically as well, but an additional fee will be added to the invoice.
- What type of cleaning supplies do we use? We offer green, nontoxic, eco-friendly, biodegradable cleaning products available for glass, floor, window, and toilet cleaning solutions. Some of the products we use include: Envirox, Vinegar and Dawn Dish Soap. The team arrives with all supplies and product to exceptionally clean your home and only ask that you provide a toilet brush in each bathroom and leave your vacuum out for the team to use.
- How do I schedule a cleaning? Complete the online residential form. Once you submit your request you will receive confirmation and/or a Cleaning Representative will follow-up with you to finalize details.
- How does pricing work? Pricing is based on the size of your space, the tasks, scope of work and amount of time required to complete the work with satisfaction! Once you complete our on-line form you will be able to see the price for the services you are requesting.
- What is the difference between a basic and deep residential clean? Check out this link to our compare the two.
- Am I locked into a cleaning schedule? For residential / on-going clients, you can adjust your cleaning schedule at any time. In an emergency you are eligible to cancel or reschedule your appointment up to 24 hours before your cleaning. Any cancellations after 24 hours will be charged a $50 cancellation fee. Any rescheduling requests after 24 hours will be charged a $30 rescheduling fee. Your specific team is scheduled and expecting to see you on your assigned appointment- please be patient with rescheduling options and accommodations.
- Can I tip the cleaners? Yes! We ask that you do not leave cash or check tips for the team. For the protection of our staff we request you leave a tip directly on your online booking to be charged electronically.
- Do I need to be home for the duration of the cleaning? Many of our clients have busy work and family lives. You do not need to be home for the cleaning to take place. You may leave detailed entry and lock up instructions on your booking form or provide an extra key to be kept in a secure lock box at our offices.
- Do you make beds, do dishes or laundry? Our teams are expert cleaners. We focus our training and attention toward exceptional cleaning practices- laundry, dishes, and changing bed sheets DO NOT fall within our scope of work.
- What kind of demolition do you perform? We perform “Selective Demolition”. This means what we typically remove is limited to interior finishes such as flooring, drywall, plaster, lath, acoustical ceilings, wall paper, trim, door, windows, and non-loadbearing walls. We go beyond just finishes, though. In some situations, we can remove load-bearing walls. We also frequently remove CMU (cinder block, brick, or other masonry) walls, concrete slabs (on grade or above grade), and floor joists.
- Is there any work you do not perform? We do not demolish entire structures larger than a typical, residential, single-story garage. We don’t do what is commonly called “Site Demolition” (asphalt removal, excavation, earth-moving, backfill removal, etc). And we only work on single-family residential structures as a sub-contractor to a General Contract – we do not work directly for homeowners.
- What sectors do you work in? We routinely work in Medical Office Buildings, Hospitals, Apartment Complexes, Warehouses, Indoor Malls, Outdoor Malls, Office Buildings, High Rise Buildings, Retail, Food Service, Restaurants, Universities, Dormitories, Clinics, etc. We’ve worked in occupied and unoccupied spaces.
- What are your typical work hours? We work a typical construction schedule: 7a-3p, M-F. But we routinely work outside these hours as well, especially when working in occupied spaces such as malls, hotels, and office buildings where there are multiple tenants, or when the project is phased and we are working in the same office that is remaining open for regular business. These hours can be anything outside of 7a-3p, M-F; nights, weekends, doubles, second-shift, and third-shift.
- What equipment do you use? We use hand tools and power tools: hammers, sledge-hammers, pry-bars, drills, reciprocating saws, demolition hammers, grinders, cutoffs, and saws. We also use a ride-on floor machine that can make quick work of removing existing flooring in large spaces to get the floor below ready for your new finish plans.
- Where do you provide selective demolition services? We currently work mostly in Central Ohio – about a 150-mile radius around Columbus, OH, our headquarters. But we’re growing and expanding! And we’ve worked in Illinois, Indiana, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Kentucky!
- How do I apply for a position? The best way to get in with us is to come to a group interview. We normally hold interviews on the first and third Thursdays of every month at 9 am. Click here to learn more.
- How long does the interview usually last? The interview lasts about 1 1/2 hours. Participates must stay the entire time to be considered for employment opportunities.
- What can I expect during the group interview? When you arrive, you can expect to fill out an application. An overview of the company will be provided, and you will participate in an interactive question and answer session. Plan to arrive on time…late arrivals will be asked to attend the next group interview.
- What is the starting pay rate? We offer a competitive starting pay rate. We also provide opportunities for pay increases at 90 days, 6 months and one year. Our benefits package includes health insurance, paid time off, subsidized professional counseling services, 401k and more!
- Do you hire people with criminal records? Yes, we are a supportive employer and we believe a person’s past does not dictate their future.
- Where are you located? 1059 Cable Avenue; Columbus, Ohio 43222. We are conveniently located off of Broad and Rodgers which is a stop on COTA ‘s number 10 route.